Pennsylvania Solar Center’s mission is to maximize the number of people, businesses and organizations who experience the benefit of solar energy in the state.
G.E.T. Solar Round 2 is now Open!
APPLY NOW– Applications for G.E.T. Solar, Round 2 are open until March 31, 2020 for Businesses to apply for assistance to go solar.
It’s an easy process. Fill out the pre-screening form below and we’ll let you know if you’re a good candidate for the full application.
Pre-screening deadline is March 16, 2020.
Application period closes on March 31, 2020.
We are focusing on businesses that are located in these counties (but if you’re located elsewhere in PA, you may still apply): Allegheny, Erie, and Lawrence. These counties have approved (or will soon approve) C-PACE funding, which may provide additional funding opportunities. Organizations should submit their completed application and additional materials outlined in the RFP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find the full RFP for Businesses HERE.
Find the G.E.T. Solar Round 2 Application HERE.
Please sign up by filling out the pre-screening form below to receive information about the process. We will let you know if your property is a good candidate to go solar if you sign up by March 16, 2020 (you can still proceed with the full application without the pre-screening, as long as it’s submitted by March 31, 2020)
Key Benefits of Going Solar
Businesses of all sizes are capitalizing on the financial opportunities of installing solar, proving that a solar energy system is a key strategic decision that virtually guarantees a solid financial return for your business. Solar makes sense for Pennsylvania-based businesses. By taking advantage of your roof space, you can
- Reduce the operating costs by cutting electricity bills
- Lock-in energy costs for years to come
- Decrease carbon footprint
- Receive a Federal Investment Tax Credit
- Reliable and Maintenance Free Energy
- Quick payback with high rate of return
Leading the Way
Paying for a commercial system with cash can be the most cost effective way to go solar. The return on investment or payback is often about 7 years or less. After that, you’ll be decreasing your operating costs with free solar power for the remaining life of your solar installation. Since solar PV systems last 25 years or longer, those savings could be significant.
The other advantages of a cash purchase:
- You receive the Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC), which reduces your gross system cost by 30%.
- You’ll get another IRS tax deduction in the form of Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS), which accelerates the depreciation of the solar installation over a 5-year period (with an additional 50% of that in the first year), which amounts to an additional 25%-30% (or more) of savings. – https://www.energy.gov/savings/modified-accelerated-cost-recovery-system-macrs
- You’ll collect the proceeds from the sale of any available Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) generated by the solar system.
These same advantages apply for a business loan, although the payback will be slightly slower due to interest charges. However, with today’s low interest rates, your ROI and IRR should still be substantial. After installation, there are relatively little or no costs since the solar maintenance costs are minimal.