Galvanizing our Energy Transition (G.E.T.) Solar
G.E.T. SOLAR ROUND FIVE NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESSES AND NONPROFITS
Accepting applications until Monday, October 31, 2022
The Pennsylvania Solar Center is pleased to announce round five of our G.E.T. Solar (Galvanizing our Energy Transition) program wherein we provide technical assistance and financial guidance for organizations across the commonwealth looking to benefit from solar energy. The Solar Center understands that the process of installing solar can be daunting and is committed to supporting businesses and non-profits through each step along the way.
While we know many organizations are still grappling with the incredible challenges of the Covid-19 crisis, we believe that in times of crisis we must continue to think and plan for the future, to prepare our infrastructure for the next series of challenges that await.
We also believe that renewable electricity is paramount to sustainability, the ability for our systems and ourselves to prosper, to grow to, regenerate rather than deplete our resources – both natural and financial. Renewable energy (along with energy storage, energy efficiency and smart grid technologies) is also important to build a more resilient electric grid to increase the likelihood that our systems will endure in the face of adversity and disruption.
Organizations across the commonwealth have until Monday, October 31, 2022 to submit a completed application.
The full Request For Proposals (RFP) which outlines the goals and parameters of the G.E.T. Solar program can be found below. We encourage all interested organizations to fill out a prequalification survey below to get more information about your suitability for solar and to learn more about how the G.E.T. Solar initiative can help. Interested organizations should also review our video web conferences below to learn more about the G.E.T. Solar and the financing options. See details below for the three easy steps to take.
1) Prequalification Survey
Not sure if your business or non-profit’s property is right for solar? Fill out the pre-screening form below and we will let you know if your property is a good candidate for solar and a good fit for the G.E.T. Solar program. We will also be able to answer any of your questions about the process of going solar generally and as part of our program.
We will respond to all surveys completed by Monday, February 22, 2021. The deadline for a completed G.E.T. Solar application is October 31, 2022 at 5:00 pm. Pre-screening is not required to submit an application, but is provided to help you.
G.E.T. Solar Prequalification Survey
2) Join our Webinars to Learn More
G.E.T. Solar Round Four Finance Webinar – Took place on February 17, 2021,
VIEW the video recording of this webinar HERE
The PA Solar Center recorded this previous webinar on Wednesday, February 17, 2021, which shows a deeper look at the financing tools and resources available to Pennsylvania organizations pursuing solar electricity. By taking advantage of tax benefits at the federal and state level, as well as various grant and loan programs, organizations can recoup as much as 50% of their initial investment back in year one and/or prorate their investment out over a number of years. In C-PACE eligible counties, solar costs can be bundled with other infrastructure upgrades and be financed as a special tax assessment with no up-front costs and no affect on your line of credit.
3) Apply to G.E.T. Solar
a) Please review the G.E.T. Solar Request for Proposals (RFP) document for Businesses HERE.
b) Submit a completed application form along with accompanying documents (outlined in the RFP). The application form can be completed in one of two ways:
- Use DocHub to Fill out an application online.
- Click on the above link
- Sign into your Gmail or Dochub account
- Click “Fill a Copy” on the top right of the page
- Click “Fill a Copy”
- Complete all required fields
- Click “Finalize” and then “Finalize Document.”
(This requires you to have a free Gmail or Dochub account)
- Use DocHub to Fill out an application online.
G.E.T. Solar Resources
Request for Proposals
Download the full Request for Proposal (RFP) for a complete breakdown of the G.E.T. Solar initiative, including application requirements, solar procurement process, and timeline goals
Previously Recorded Webinars
C-PACE Financing for Solar (Round 2) Webinar was held on March 5, 2020. View the recording of the webinar below learn more about Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) and how it helps organizations finance solar with no money down.
Benefits of Going Solar
- Reduce your electric bill so that you can allocate more funds to programming or services to fulfill your organization’s mission
- Hedge against fluctuating and rising utility bills. Once the solar equipment is installed, your organization will have a steady and predictable cost of electricity for the next 20 years or more enabling you to reliably budget your electric bill from year to year.
- Reduce climate and air pollution as well as health impacts resulting from fossil fuels. Solar energy reduces our reliance on fossil fuel-generated electricity that causes climate change and air pollution and subsequently, serious health conditions for resident of our communities.
- Increase the positive perception of your organization. Solar energy demonstrates a commitment to environmental and community health and signals that your organization embodies these values. Going solar also reflects favorably upon your organization in the eyes of your employees and your constituents, clients and/or members and the larger community.