Solar Policy and Advocacy Network
Policy drives investment in solar energy across the nation. States with strong solar policy see larger adoption of solar energy systems, more private investment and many more people working in the industry than states with weak policies.
While Pennsylvania was once the 4th leading solar state, it has dropped to 22nd because of lack of leadership in Harrisburg.
The Pennsylvania Solar Center works with solar companies, solar owners and advocates across Pennsylvania to educate legislators and decision makers about sound policies that will help our state’s citizens, businesses and communities take advantage of solar energy and to grow our economy with clean, renewable energy and produce family-sustaining jobs.
Our Solar Policies Today
Current Pennsylvania laws that benefit solar include:
- Alternative Energy Portfolio Standard (AEPS) of 2004
- Net Metering
- Act 40 of 2017 (closing the borders)
What Policies Do We Still Need?
- Increase the solar requirement of the AEPS
- Legislation that will allow Community Solar
- Sales Tax Exemption for Solar Energy Equipment
What YOU Can Do!
2) Contact your state legislators to tell them that you would like more solar energy in Pennsylvania. Find your State Legislators here.