Uncovering “Probably True Solar Stories” With Tor “Solar Fred” Valenza
12/16/2022 @ 12:00 pm - 12/16/2022 @ 1:15 pmRegister
Uncovering “Probably True Solar Stories”
With Tor “Solar Fred” Valenza
For this month’s Watts & Learn webinar, we are shaking things up with something fun and different. You might even want to invite your friends and colleagues for a lunchtime viewing together!
Join us as we explore the new and growing field called “edutainment” – or should we call it “solartainment”?!
We will be joined by Tor “Solar Fred” Valenza, founder and chief marketing officer of UnThink Solar, LLC, and host, writer, and producer of the podcast “Probably True Solar Stories.” Tor will lead us through some of these comedic, educational, and always entertaining podcasts and break down how they can elevate solar energy in the American ethos, as well as learn more about what we can all do to ensure solar becomes more commonplace, accepted, and an even expected way to power our lives.
We’ll talk with Tor about some of these “Probably True Solar Stories” such as:
- Derek the energy efficiency-obsessed ghost who haunts a net-zero house.
- A superhero installer called “Solar Man” and how he uses his powers to deal with his arch nemesis.
- Winnie the Pooh explaining net metering -– in honey terms, of course!
- And a new philosophy called ‘The Solar Way’ to guide us in living a better life.
Tor is on a mission to leverage pop culture to provide a refreshing and approachable way to think about solar -– from infusing images and stories of solar into everything from TV commercials to movies to social media and podcasts and beyond. The options are now endless!
Who should attend?
- elected officials and staff
- renewable energy owners, operators and/or investors
- solar developers
- general public and anyone interested in learning more!
General Registration is $15 for this webinar; $100 for the 10-webinar series (and all recordings). Free for elected officials and legislative staff.
Special arrangements for complimentary registration can be made for those who request it by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t let financial worries prevent you from attending! We want you there!!
Get access to the whole series of 10 webinars in the next 10 months for $100 (as well as recordings from past webinars). Your ticket supports the activities of the PA Solar Center and is 100% tax deductible as we are a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Upcoming Series (dates and speakers being confirmed):
- PV Reuse and Recycling
- PA Solar Supply Chain Manufacturing Opportunities
- Floating Solar
- Community Choice Aggregation
- Solar Policy Updates
- Energy Storage, Microgrids and Solar …..and more.