Watts & Learn: How Federal Clean Energy Policies May Expand Pennsylvania’s Solar Future
12/10/2021 @ 12:00 pm - 12/10/2021 @ 1:00 pmRegister
How Federal Clean Energy Policies May Expand Pennsylvania’s Solar Future
Join the Pennsylvania Solar Center for a discussion about how the federal infrastructure bill and Build Back Better can impact the expansion of solar energy in the state. We will also hear an overview of the results of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Future Study that illustrates how the nation can get to 40% solar by 2035.
- The Honorable U.S. Representative Mike Doyle (D-PA, 18th)
- Eric O’Shaughnessy, co-author of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Futures Study
- Claire Richer, Director of Federal Affairs, American Clean Power
- David Murray, Director of Solar Policy, American Clean Power
- Matt Mahoney, Director of Government Affairs, PA Solar Center (moderator)
Who should attend?
- elected officials and staff
- renewable energy owners, operators and/or investors
- solar developers
- general public and anyone interested in learning more!
General Registration is $15 for this webinar; $100 for the 10-webinar series. Free for elected officials and legislative staff.
Please don’t let financial obstacles prevent you from attending. Special arrangements can be made for those who request it by contacting us at email@example.com.
Get access to the whole series of 10 webinars in the next 10 months for $100 (as well as recordings from past webinars). Your ticket supports the activities of the PA Solar Center and is 100% tax deductible as we are under the fiscal sponsorship of New Sun Rising, a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Upcoming Series (Dates and speakers being confirmed):
- Developing Community Solar(-ish). While true community solar legislation has not passed yet in PA, a recent PA Supreme County ruling has changed some of the regulations for virtual power purchase arrangements, creating an opportunity for a shared solar arrangement
- Guidebooks for Leasing Land for Large-Scale Solar Development – Join the PA Solar Center and FairShake Environmental Law Clinic to review their new guidance (coming FEB 2022)
- Reducing Pollution and Power Prices by Replacing Peaker Plants with Solar Energy
- PV Reuse and Recycling
- NREL’s SolarApp – Solar Permitting for Municipalities Made Easy
- Energy Storage, Microgrids and Solar