Watts & Learn: Net Metering Secures Pennsylvania’s Solar Future
07/28/2023 @ 12:00 pm - 07/28/2023 @ 1:30 pm
Friday, July 28, 2023
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
(elected and government officials and staff – free of charge)
Net metering provides a number of benefits to Pennsylvanians, from avoided generation and lowering line loss to incentivizing development and creating economic development opportunities. Pennsylvania’s net metering policy has supported the growth of solar across the Commonwealth for over a decade by providing solar owners with credit for the electricity their solar system produces. Yet there’s still a lot to learn about the full potential of Pennsylvania’s net metering program that can unlock more benefits and opportunities for solar and non-solar owners alike. Strong net metering policy maximizes the potential for solar to economically benefit everyone by lowering wholesale electricity rates during periods of peak demand and reducing the need for grid upgrades, and much, much more.
Join the Pennsylvania Solar Center as we discuss net metering with industry professionals and researchers, including Janet Gail Besser who chaired a National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine Committee to study net metering and its impacts on the electricity grid and consumers. We’ll also be joined by speakers that will discuss the various benefits of net metering, and how measuring those benefits can lead to a sunnier grid.
- Janet Gail Besser, Engineering and Medicine Study Committee on The Role of Net Metering in the Evolving Electricity System, National Academy of Sciences
- Phil Aroneanu, Special Advisor, Contractor supporting the Solar Energy Technologies Office, U.S. Department of Energy
- Thad Culley, Director of Public Policy, SunRun
- More speakers being confirmed
Who should attend?
• elected officials and staff
• renewable energy owners, operators and/or investors
• solar developers
• general public and anyone interested in learning more!
General Registration is $15 for this webinar; $100 for the 10-webinar series (and all recordings). Free for elected officials and legislative staff.
Special arrangements for complimentary registration can be made for those who request it by contacting us at email@example.com. Please don’t let financial worries prevent you from attending! We want you there!!
Get access to the whole series of 10 webinars in the next 10 months for $100 (as well as recordings from past webinars). Your ticket supports the activities of the PA Solar Center and is 100% tax deductible as we are a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Upcoming Series (Dates and speakers being confirmed):
• PV Reuse and Recycling
• PA Solar Supply Chain Manufacturing Opportunities
• Floating Solar
• Community Choice Aggregation
• Solar Policy Updates
• Energy Storage, Microgrids and Solar …..and more.