Watts & Learn: Update – Federal and State Financial Resources
01/26/2024 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmRegister
Friday, January 26, 2024 from 12:00-1:15 PM
(elected and government officials and staff – free of charge)
Join the Pennsylvania Solar Center and our guest speakers to learn about many of the financial resources available to support solar growth across Pennsylvania — some of which are time-sensitive! New federal renewable energy incentive programs are taking shape while local governments, businesses, farms, schools and residents are considering the vast opportunities offered by renewable energy. At the same time, the Commonwealth is evaluating the best approach for leveraging federal formula funds while pursuing competitive opportunities and rolling out new programs. Meanwhile, there’s a longstanding Pennsylvania law that is proving that solar passes the test for rebates from electric companies, piquing the public’s interest even more.
We’ll be joined by state government leaders working to position Pennsylvania as a clean energy leader in order to leverage federal opportunities and connect stakeholders:
- The Philadelphia Green Capital Corp will provide an update on Pennsylvania’s Solar for All application.
- The Department of Environmental Protection will provide updates on the rollout of several other federal programs, including Community Pollution Reduction Grants (CPRG) for industrial decarbonization, Energy Efficiency Community Block Grants (EECBG), which includes solar, and the Pennsylvania Green Bank for municipal energy efficiency and solar projects.
- We’ll also be joined by the USDA’s Rural Energy for America Program to learn more about current programs available for rural and/or agricultural businesses, as well as Franklin Energy to discuss utility rebate programs available for solar for commercial electricity customers.
- Maryrose Myrtetus, Executive Director, Philadelphia Green Capital Corp
- Louie Krak, Infrastructure Implementation Coordinator, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Liz McQuaide, Senior Programs Manager, Franklin Energy
- Rural Energy for America Program (REAP)
Who should attend?
• elected officials and staff
• renewable energy owners, operators and/or investors
• solar developers
• general public and anyone interested in learning more!
General Registration is $15 for this webinar; $100 for the 10-webinar series (and all recordings). Free for elected officials and legislative staff.
Special arrangements for complimentary registration can be made for those who request it by contacting us at email@example.com. Please don’t let financial worries prevent you from attending! We want you there!!
Get access to the whole series of 10 webinars in the next 10 months for $100 (as well as recordings from past webinars). Your ticket supports the activities of the PA Solar Center and is 100% tax deductible as we are a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Upcoming Series (Dates and speakers being confirmed):
• PA Solar Supply Chain Manufacturing Opportunities
• Floating Solar
• Solar Policy Updates…and more.